Skip to main content
Justice should be swift and decisive. If there is no evidence, or it's circumstantial, the waiting just compounds the problems. If there is evidence, then waiting is a waste. Either way, the accused has a right to get the proceedings over with 'as fast as possible'.

Trial by jury should only be applicable when there is some underlying possibility of doubt. If you have enough solid witnesses, footage, or other irrefutable evidence, the proceedings should go straight to a resolution. People are innocent until proven guilty, sure, but they are proven guilty not always in a court, but when the evidence itself leaves no possibility of reasonable doubt. Give the system a fast-track, and it will improve. Save the long-drawn out proceedings for the really difficult cases.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human-Oriented Dynamics To model our larger behavior as organizations, we need some irrationally motivated, inconsistent system, that in it's lack of completeness manages to predictably move around the same territory that we do. A system completely opposite in nature to a mathematically formal system, yet one sufficiently expressive enough to be able to draw conclusions from its changes in different states. People are neither logical nor rational, and when they operate in larger and larger groups, these inconsistencies manifest into larger patterns within the over-all interactions. The rules make no sense, yet they shouldn't make sense. These are a few basic principles (of an infinite number of them): The Opposition Principle: For anything that someone can do, someone else will attempt to do the opposite. The Path Principle: To force something along a prescribed path, there must be at least two balancing forces at work. The Ease Principle: People will always take the easiest...
Gravitational Ramblings I was never really interested in physics, preferring instead the more pure branches of mathematics. Given that, much of what I'll say in this little discussion is probably already out there or just total nonsense, still just in case it isn't, I figured I just write it down. You never know, it's a strange world. I was watching a newly published lecture series with the eminent Richard Feynman. He said a couple of things that I had already learned about gravity, but I found fascinating anyways. The first was that Copernicus found that the planets traveled in a ellipse, with the sun being in the focal point. Quite well, known, but the relevance of the sun's position never really dawned on me before. Another thing he talked about was the measurements for a system far away, but the star's position wasn't at the focal point in the ellipse, he pointed out that this was because we were viewing the system from an angle. The final bit that I found i...